Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Homemade Macaroni and Cheese

I know this isn't the best picture but everything was so busy I hardly thought to take a picture so this is what I got.

Earlier this week DB told me he wanted some homemade mac & cheese, it's really simple. We had this macaroni at my mom's last year and it was delicious so I copied the recipe. It's really easy and it's for the crockpot so that makes it even more simple because you can throw it in and leave it alone.

Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese
2 Cups uncooked macaroni
4 Tbsp. (1/2 stick) butter
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 Cup sour cream
2 1/2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 can (10 3/4 ounce) condensed cheddar cheese soup
1/2 Tsp. salt
1 Cup milk
1/2 Tsp. black pepper

Boil the macaroni, 8 minutes and drain. Melt the butter and shredded cheddar in a saucepan. Add everything to the crockpot and stir. Set your cooker to low and cook for 3 1/2 hours. If we're hungry and I waited til late to get it together I set on high for about 2 hours and it's turns out just as well. 

No comments: