Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Practice...

I love to learn new things, I especially love to practice, the better I get the more rewarding. I posted last week about how I don't know how to sew, I just keep doing it. When I was trying to stay awake as long as possible so I could actually sleep last night (which was a flop) I got tired of cleaning and decided to practice sewing. While I was cleaning I found some cloth placemats that don't match my kitchen and I though they might make a nice bag. It could definitely be better but it could be a lot worse.


This is what I made. It's just a carrying bag, I could probably use it as a purse as well. I like it though, it's different. It's actually a pretty good size like a regular reusable tote bag only not as wide.

This is the side of it. The straps definitely need sewn down better. It was pretty good practice.

What do you think?!

9 comments:

Citra said...

It's yellow !! I love yellow :D
And it comes from a placemat, wow, I mean you're a creative lady
Congratulation on your first creation
Let's sew again and again :D

Citra @ innocentia
http://childhood-obsessions.blogspot.com/

Shauna said...

SWEET! I am new here and would if you come visit and follow me too :) Shauna from http://www.trying2staycalm.com/

~Katey~ said...

Newest follower from Buzz on by Thursday. Your blog is very cute! I love sewing. I found its easier for me to pull things apart and put them back together for learning. Feel free to stop on by and follow me back :)

Emy said...

Wow, that looks great! Wish I could do something like that.

http://alwaysaroundboys.blogspot.com

Liz Mays said...

That turned out pretty darn good!

Anonymous said...

I'm super impressed. I've always wished I were more inclined to do things like this myself.

Stopping in to return your blog follow from FMBT & thank you for linking up with us. Hope to see you around.

Jenn said...

Thanks for linking up! I really wish I could sew so i could make really cute things like this!

Leslie said...

great finish

Kylah Marro said...

this looks great!!!! I am trying to teach myself hoe to sew...can be frustrating but I am sticking with it!