Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Stuffed Jalapeno's

DB lost his job a year and a half ago and it's been really hard here, so when he got this new one I figured it was good cause for celebration!! We don't have the extra money to go out to dinner or do anything for that matter so I made a big dinner at home. DB is a big fan of all things spicy so when I was flipping through some channels bored one day I saw Bobby Flay making Stuffed Jalapeno's, I quickly searched the recipe and saved it for our celebration. We have a Jalapeno plant out back so I got to use our fresh ones instead of having to buy, I was excited!

I'll be honest, I like spicy but not to the extreme and I hate cutting up Jalapeno's! I kept this a secret as celebration and I while cutting this hotties up I almost regretted not having DB do it. You have to cut them in half and then get the seeds out, not cool, those things go flying everywhere!


You stuff them with a yummy cream and goat cheese filling and

Grill! They came out really nicely, DB loved them and was totally surprised.The filling just melts and the Jalapeno is like a mold it lays in. You can get the recipe HERE. If you have a spicy eater you should definitely try this out!

For dessert DB talked me into this Pumpkin Spice Jell-O pie he saw the recipe for on a store display. I'm usually a do it yourself kind of kid but he really wanted to try this so I figured why not. I love bake pies, cookies, everything but this time we bought a graham cracker crust. *sigh* It saved on time though!

You mix two packs of Pumpkin Jell-O and put half in the bottom of graham cracker crust.
Fill the next half with a cup and a half of Cool Whip and mix.
Put this on top of the first Jell-O layer.
After you have your two layers you put the remaining Cool Whip on top and that's it. Simple, easy, done!

I love pumpkin anything so I was a little excited about this and it's delicious! If you like pumpkin like I do you have to try it!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Homecooking is ALWAYS better than going out anyway! Those peppers look yummy! We love jalapenos so I will have to try them! That sounds like a easy peasy pie recipe for Thanksgiving day too!